About Me

April 1, 2008

Funniest. E-mail. EVER.

I could not stop laughing at this e-mail my friend Veronica Shea was nice enough to send to Chemistry.com with a BRILLIANT idea for how to improve their service. Seemed an appropriate post for April Fool's Day. :) Thanks, Veronica, for giving me permission to share it!

Veronica wrote:

"Hi,
Just wondering if you've ever considered a sort of 'recommended for counseling' button for matches to click.

For example, one match, on arriving home and finding my e-mail, which included my phone number, as I thought it was appropriate to move to that level, chose to make his first ever phone call to me at 11:50 PM on a weeknight. Another, within the first three sentences of our first phone conversation, chose to tell me that he had been rejected by eharmony.com. While I understand that this is part of the chemistry.com ad campaign, he was not joking about it; instead, he was wondering why they rejected him. Within a few more moments of the conversation, he had revealed to me the amount of rent he pays, and the fact that he moved to that apartment because the rent was cheaper.

Most recently, my first e-mail from a match included no personal details, but, instead, a long, and what could be construed as misogynistic joke about women never being satisfied.

I'm sure that all of these gentlemen are good at heart, but could use a little guidance on how to make a better first impression.

So, a 'counseling recommended' button where a match could alert a chemistry.com or match.com counselor that a particular match could use some recommendations to improve his/her social skills...?

Just an idea.

Thanks and regards,
Veronica Shea"

No comments: