About Me

February 5, 2008

CatholicMatch discount code, and eHarmony Republicans

If any single Catholics out there want to try the on-line dating site CatholicMatch (http://www.CatholicMatch.com), use the discount code VAL8 to purchase a six-month subscription for only $9.95 a month -- your credit card will be billed for one total payment of $59.70. This is apparently a 60% savings. The code expires Feb. 14th (Valentine’s Day) at midnight. I haven’t tried CatholicMatch, but if you do let me know how it goes.

In other news…in my ongoing quest to get caught up on my eHarmony account, I logged in today to find a FastTrack request from a 36-year-old business systems analyst (whatever that is) in New Jersey – he had already written me an e-mail. Curious, I accepted his request, and this is the message I found:

“Well, it would appear I fail your requirement as I am a republican. I will with some pleasure pull the lever for McCain tomorrow, but would have rather pulled it for Giuliani. (Boy I hope I spelled that right ;-). Giuliani I think would have done a lot of good for the US, and McCain would do a decent job. So I am sure we would get along like oil and water. In the mean time, keep on keeping on! P.S. I do appreciate non-morning people, being a night owl myself.”

Now, what was his point in writing to me? I resisted putting “no Republicans, please” in my profile for a long time because I don’t discriminate against potential dates in terms of race, ethnicity, how much money they make, etc., and I want to be open-minded. But a romantic relationship has never, ever, ever worked out with a Republican – we just don’t see eye-to-eye on too many fundamental issues.

Of course, it hasn’t worked out yet with a Democrat, either. At least not for the long-term.

Anyway, why did this guy waste his time e-mailing me if he thinks we’d get along “like oil and water”? I assume he was just trying to be funny. But I wasn’t laughing because first of all, he didn’t even know enough to capitalize “Republican,” and second of all, he admitted he actually would have voted for Giuliani, of all people -- the mayor who PURPOSELY made it a hundred times more difficult for hungry people in New York City to apply for food stamps! Sorry, being a night owl too is not nearly enough to cancel out your Republicanness.

Needless to say, I am not writing him back. I am, however, voting tonight! Probably for Obama. By the way, guess who can’t be too happy these days? All the registered voters of South Dakota and Montana, as well as Republicans in New Mexico – they have the last primaries in the country, on June 3rd. Talk about feeling irrelevant. I mean, even GUAM’s primary is earlier (May 3rd)!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The way last night went, South Dakota and Montana Dems could decide the race!