About Me

March 27, 2008

"For Better Or For Worse" Cartoonist To Divorce

I am so sad to learn that Lynn Johnston, creator of one of my all-time favorite comic strips, “For Better or For Worse” (http://www.fborfw.com), is getting a divorce from her husband of 32 years. :( I must have been living under a rock, because I just learned about this even though it became public knowledge last fall (http://www.modbee.com/life/funstuff/story/100348.html).
Apparently, Johnston’s husband, hereafter known as THE JERK, moved out last April and asked her for a divorce because he fell in love with somebody else. Johnston admitted it was a complete surprise to her. I’ll bet! Who marries someone and raises two kids with them, then abandons them to run off with another woman after 32 years!? THE JERK, that’s who.
I am so disappointed by this. I hope some amazingly wonderful guy who actually deserves Johnston comes along and sweeps her off her feet.

1 comment:

Lord Lillis said...

I wonder if this means she'll go back to doing her comic full time. She was going to cut back this year and then put FBOFW into repeats (much like Peanuts).

I shouldn't be so swift to call the man "the Jerk". Something similar happened in her first marriage which makes me believe there is two sides to this story.

Then again, I'm just a guy :-)