About Me

April 16, 2008

Worst Date Ever: #2 in a series

Scene: Restaurant at dinner time
Characters: 1) Me
2) A guy we’ll call Too Much Skull-Manipulation, who I’d met at a “museum mingle” the week before

Me: So how long have you been getting this – what was it called again?
TMSM: Craniosacral therapy. A few years now. They manipulate the bones in your cranium.
Me: Is it safe?
TMSM: Oh, totally. It gets your central nervous system into complete harmony.
Me: Interesting.

Pause.

TMSM: Are you an albino?
Me: (dropping my fork) Um – NO.
TMSM: Oh.
Me: NOT AT ALL.
TMSM: Okay.
Me: (staring at TMSM)
(my fork stays abandoned on the floor)
(awkward silence builds)
TMSM: Are you mad at me?
Me: Why would I be mad? You just asked if I was a genetic mutant, that’s all.
TMSM: No – that’s not it – I think you’re very pretty –
Me: Right. For a genetic mutant.
TMSM: That’s not what I meant – um –

(Awkward silence builds to a deafening crescendo)

Me: Maybe I could get the rest of this food to go....

The End.
(Note: There was no second date.)

1 comment:

Lord Lillis said...

Wow, rough crowd! One faux pas and she's ordering the food to go.

I should search the web and see if this was WDE#2 on his blog.