About Me

August 5, 2008

The hazards of cell phones (and I don't mean brain cancer)

Remember the Drummer Boy, the cheapskate who makes at least twice as much as I do, yet asked ME to pay for the tickets to a movie he suggested going to (see my June 26th post)? While I was away over the weekend, one of my friends accidentally called him from my phone! I had forgotten to delete him from my cell phone contacts, and while she was trying to use my cell phone, she hit his name by accident. She hung up once she heard it ring and realized her mistake. But then he called me a few hours later (on a Friday night no less) and left me a message, saying, “Hi, I see that you called me earlier, I’m sorry I missed it – give me a call back!” Um, no thanks. But I do feel guilty because I never officially ‘broke up’ with him (is it called breaking up when you’ve only had three dates?). I just never responded to his last e-mail. Bad, I know, but I just couldn’t figure out a way to say “you’re too cheap for me to date” in a polite way. So when he saw that I had called him on Friday but didn't leave a message, he was probably completely confused.

Oh, and I have not heard from Mr. No Touchy-Feely via phone OR e-mail in 12 days. That’s a record for him.

3 comments:

Glenn said...

I told you that you need to S-P-E-L-L it out for him. Be as blunt and forward as possible. Get mean if you have to but break it off. It may sting a little but I wish more women would've been honest with me in my life rather than avoid confronting me. And make sure you delete the # when you're done.

Do you have any chemistry with Mr. no touch? Seems that, if you did, it wouldn't have gone this far.

Anonymous said...

But what should I SAY!? That it made me uncomfortable when he suggested I pay for a part of the date that was his idea in the first place? I don't have the stamina anymore to be mean! (And I know I'm in the minority on this, but honestly, I would rather never hear from a guy again than receive an e-mail or phone call that hurts my feelings.)

Anonymous said...

Well, some guys do need it spelled out. Just be honest and say that after 3 dates, you don't think it's working out. If asked why, just say that you have different expectations from a relationship (namely equality)....