About Me

January 18, 2009

Man Panel

I noticed on Facebook the other day that one of my friends RSVP'd to attend something called "The Man Panel" (http://www.manpanel.com), an event in which you "join the CEO of OkCupid.com, an online dating expert, and a panel of male online daters to find out how to increase your odds of meeting someone online. Bring in your own profile to get feedback from the panel!" It's in Boston, so if you're in the Boston area you might want to check it out. The next one is on January 30th, and tickets are $8 on-line or $10 at the door.

The other day, the Nicest Guy in the World said, "I hardly ever use the pockets in this jacket, but today I did, and guess what I found?" He showed me a Metro North ticket stub from January 21, 2007 -- which must have been when he came into the city for our very first date! So he suggested we go out to dinner this Wednesday for the two-year anniversary of our first date...even though our second official "date" wasn't until January 1, 2009. ;) Isn't he sweet?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is sweet...although...it raises an important question: What's the anniversary of the last time he washed that jacket??

Just kidding! Glad to see your new status with "the nicest guy in the world" hasn't stopped you from updating your blog!

Karin said...

Haha, I was wondering the same thing as Jason- when did he wash that jacket last??

This works out good for you- you get two anniversaries now!

Her Artichoke Heart said...

Ha ha! He was a little sheepish about how long the ticket had been there, but believe me, I've found papers, ticket stubs, etc. in my jacket pockets from even longer ago (frighteningly enough)!