About Me

January 11, 2009

Weird

Remember I.T. Guy from eHarmony (http://www.eharmony.com), also known as "Eye Infection Guy" because he cancelled what should have been our first date in October due to an alleged eye infection? He dropped out of contact for two weeks, then resurfaced, and we rescheduled for the Monday three days before Thanksgiving. He ended up cancelling again because he was still packing for his trip to visit his family in Florida for the holiday. In December we re-scheduled yet again, but this time I had to cancel because I was sick. Then we rescheduled for Sunday Dec. 21st -- or so I thought. Here is our exchange of e-mails:

On Fri, 12/19/08, The Dating Guru wrote:
Hi I.T. Guy!
How are you? On Sunday I may go to a Christmas concert from 3 - 4:30 PM or so, but otherwise I'm free. And on Monday I finish work at 7:30 PM, so I'm free after that.
Let me know what works best for you.
The Dating Guru

On Sat, 12/20/08, I.T. Guy wrote:
Dating Guru,
I am around later tonight (Saturday) and tomorrow , so if you are going to be in the city tomorrow early afternoon, we could meet then. Either way...whats your tel # ?

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008, The Dating Guru wrote:
Hi I.T. Guy,

Sounds good! My phone number is XXX-XXX-XXXX [NOTE: He actually already had my number, since we'd talked on the phone back in October, but whatever]. The concert I want to go to starts at 3:00 PM, so maybe we could meet at 2:00 or so? There's a Starbucks right nearby, so we could always meet there. But give me a call tomorrow and we can discuss.
Thanks!
The Dating Guru


And what happened? Not only did he NOT call me, he never even e-mailed me back! Just silence on his part. Christmas came and went, with no word from him.

Until New Year's Day, when I received this:

On Thu, 1/1/09, at 2:31 PM, I.T. Guy wrote:
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

I was like...huh? He didn't even apologize for not contacting me about 12/21 or anything. Weird!!

Obviously I didn't write him back -- I have a much more thoughtful guy in my life now, thank God!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness for Nicest Guy in the World!

Sarah said...

Why can't they just be honest? Eh, you're better off this way.