About Me

October 19, 2008

The Winner's Guide to Dating (What I Learned about Love and Sex from Playing Texas Hold 'em)

Last weekend, a couple of friends came into NYC to visit. The weather was beautiful, so we were strolling down Prince Street when we came upon a really nice guy named Randall Klitz, who was selling a neat little book he wrote (and his girlfriend, Muriel Alvarez, illustrated) called "The Winner's Guide to Dating (What I Learned about Love and Sex from Playing Texas Hold 'em)." It contains such good advice as "be wary of the on-line 'bluff,'" "never go 'all-in' on the first round," and "observe new players before engaging them." I chatted with him about dating in New York, and my friends generously bought a copy of his book for me. When he found out I have a dating blog, he actually whipped out a tiny video camera and began videotaping an interview with me on the spot! I just checked his blog, http://peopleimeetonprincestreet.wordpress.com/, and it hasn't appeared yet, but it may some day. And if it doesn't, that's actually better -- a Dating Guru should, ideally, remain anonymous.

1 comment:

winner's guide to dating said...

Love your blog! Great post! I hope the two of you dating "experts" stay in touch!