About Me

December 9, 2008

Artsy Photographer

From the HurryDate (http://www.hurrydate.com/) speed-dating event last week, I received three mutual matches, and four other guys picked me who I didn't pick. One of the mutual matches I had was with the Artsy Photographer, the one who showed me the photos he takes of topless pregnant women (!). We had actually met once before, at another speed-dating event several months ago. I liked him and picked him, but he didn't pick me. He did, however, pick the friend I'd gone with to the event. They only made it through one date, after which she told me, "We had nothing to talk about. He picked the wrong woman -- he would have had much more in common with you!" You have to set up a profile on the HurryDate web site when you sign up for an event, so she gave me his username, I looked up his profile, and I really liked it. We even said something really similar at one point in each of our profiles and worded it almost identically. So I sent him a "virtual drink" on the site, and -- he never responded.

But I guess he didn't recall any of that at the event last week. This time he chose me, he e-mailed me first, and we're going out for dinner (Ethiopian food - yum) tomorrow night!

4 comments:

Spirit Vapors said...

if you end up marrying him, that will make up for a funny story to tell you grand children.

Sarah said...

Sounds like so far so good. And I agree with Fairy. That would make a great story! Your grandchildren would think it's hilarious!

Waitress from Mensa said...

Do his photography interests extend to possibly adoptive mothers and children out of utero? DG, I admire your intrepid approach to dating.

Anonymous said...

Sooo, inquiring minds want to know...did you guys make it to dinner? How did it go? Update, please, DG!