About Me

December 1, 2008

You know you're dating too much when...

I was meeting a friend at the movies yesterday afternoon, and I arrived a few minutes early. As I was standing around the lobby, a guy suddenly came up to me with a big smile on his face and called me by name. "Good to see you!" he said. "How are you?"

I managed to stammer "Fine" as I stared at him. Even bundled up in a winter hat and coat, he did look familiar.

"Good day for the movies, huh?" he said, indicating the pouring rain outside.

"Uh, yeah," I said, trying to smile and appear friendly while frantically going through my mental Rolodex of the guys I've had a date with over the past two years.

"This is my wife," he said, introducing me to a woman who had just approached, holding the hands of two small children.

I looked at him even more closely, and suddenly I realized who he was.

My doctor.

4 comments:

Spirit Vapors said...

aww how cute!! hehe

Glenn said...

LOL!

Must've been hard to recognize him without the white coat. Maybe even more difficult if it's the geynocologist. Hard to look somone straight in the face while they're examining your intimates.

Anonymous said...

Wow, it's nice to have a doctor that recognizes you outside of the context of the office, AND knows your name!

Too bad he's not single. :)

Anonymous said...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sorry.

*giggles*

SEECE