About Me

December 31, 2008

Follow your dreams

A few nights ago, I dreamed that I was kissing a guy. He wasn't anyone I know in real life. I think he was just a symbol of every man that I, full of curiosity and nervousness and hope and excitement, have gone off to have a date with over the past two years.

I should have enjoyed kissing this guy (he was pretty cute for a symbol). But I didn't. In fact, I wasn't having a good time at all. Instead, I kept thinking, "What about the Nicest Guy in the World?" I was flattered that this guy liked me enough to kiss me. But I still wasn't enjoying it. I began to think, "I wish I'd never even met this guy! That way I could just date the Nicest Guy in the World."

Then I woke up. And before I could form objections or excuses or thoughts or any words at all, I was flooded with one insistent, overwhelming emotion.

Relief.

That in my real life, there is no other guy; there is only the Nicest Guy in the World.

And now that my subconscious has spoken, I finally know what I have to do.

:)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your subconscious AND YOUR FAMILY have spoken. :)

Sarah said...

WOOHOO! I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

*grinning from ear to ear*

SEECE

Her Artichoke Heart said...

Thanks!!! :-D

Anonymous said...

Wait...so if you start dating this dude regularly, does this mean I'll have to find another blog to read? I like reading this one!

Karin said...

Jason, I had the same question when I saw the Dating Guru last week. ;)

SEECE

Anonymous said...

*taps screen*

So...what's going on? Enquiring minds want to know!

*runs away, giggling like a schoolgirl*

SEECE

Her Artichoke Heart said...

I just wrote an update, but since Nicest Guy in the World now knows about my blog (and is thrilled about his many fans!), I want to show it to him first before I post it. Stay tuned!