About Me

July 21, 2008

Apply for Arranged Marriage TV; guy update

Remember Drummer Boy, who made me pay for our movie tickets on our third date, even though a) going to the movies was his idea, and b) probably makes more than twice as much money as I do (see my June 26th post)? Well, he e-mailed me a couple days after that date, inviting me to the beach on the 4th of July. I waited a couple of days, then e-mailed back explaining I was going away for the holiday to visit family. He e-mailed back and said, “Okay, but you’re missing out.” Um, no, I really don’t think that I am. I didn’t write back to his e-mail – and I thought I got off easy, because I never heard from him again.

Until last night, when he e-mailed me out of the blue, just saying hi, how was your weekend, I got out of town for a while and it was great. So now I’ll have to write him an awkward e-mail back, explaining that I don’t want to see him again. Sigh. It’s been almost three weeks -- why couldn’t he have just stayed disappeared?

Meanwhile, last week I had no phone calls and only one e-mail from Mr. No Touchy-Feely (11 dates over the past six months, and nothing more than a hug and kiss on the cheek after each one). He finally called me Friday night and asked if I had any plans on Saturday. Why, yes, I did. Sorry, but I need more than 24 hours notice since I have, you know, a life.

Are any of you interested in applying to be on the Arranged Marriage TV show (http://www.ArrangedMarriageTV.com) currently being developed for HBO? When I blogged about it in my July 18th post, I called the whole idea “cringe-inducing” and wondered (in capital letters) who would ever apply to be on it – but I guess any publicity is good publicity, because I received a very nice e-mail from Mr. Lyle Dohl, a casting associate for the show, thanking me for mentioning it. He said they have a casting producer in New York City this week, so if any of you in the NYC area want to apply to be on the show, feel free to contact Mr. Dohl at 213-630-6530, ext. 322, or lyle.dohl@magicalelves.com Good luck and let me know how it goes!

2 comments:

Glenn said...

"It’s been almost three weeks -- why couldn’t he have just stayed disappeared?"

Guys are stupid. You have to spell it out for us.

"11 dates over the past six months, and nothing more than a hug and kiss on the cheek after each one"

Maul him one time and see what happens. Could be fun!

Anonymous said...

>Maul him one time and see what happens. Could be fun!

HA!! Well, I may just have to try that. ;)