About Me

July 29, 2008

Celebrity Couples Who Should Have Stayed Together

I thought this little article by Joanna Douglas, “Jimmy Kimmel and Sarah Silverman, Plus Five Other Couples We Wish Never Broke Up” (http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/entertainment/jimmy-kimmel-and-sarah-silverman-plus-five-other-couples-we-wish-never-broke-up-213107/) was entertaining. I forgot that Johnny Depp and Winona Ryder had ever been a couple. It was also strange to see the photo of Gwyneth Paltrow and Brad Pitt together. Brad in particular looks so young! I like him much better with Angelina Jolie, though – it seems like he has more of a purpose in life now.

The article doesn’t mention them, but it’s too bad Christie Brinkley and Billy Joel didn’t stay together. If they had, Billy Joel wouldn’t have gone on to marry a woman 31 years younger than he is. And Christie Brinkley wouldn’t have gone on to marry Richard Taubman and divorce him after only a year, then marry Peter Cook, only to divorce him when she discovered he was cheating on her with an 18-year-old (!).

What do you think? Are there any other celebrity couples you wish had never broken up?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish Reese and Ryan hadn't broken up- even though he cheated on her. Poor Reese.

And maybe if Britney and Justin hadn't broken up, she wouldn't be in the mess she's in today!!

Anonymous said...

I know, I was sad about Reese and Ryan, too. I know they had kids pretty young (very young for Hollywood), but I still hoped it would work out. Funny how the woman he cheated on her with (Abbie Cornish) looks exactly like Reese -- or at least she did when she was a blonde.
Britney Spears: now there's someone who DEFINITELY had kids too young. :O

Unknown said...

I have to give a shout out to Lance and Sheryl. I don't know what it was...but I really liked them together.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I was surprised when they broke up -- they went out for two years!