About Me

May 12, 2008

More on the guy who hasn't made a move

If I’m being completely honest – and one of the vows a Dating Guru must make is to be completely honest – I wonder if I’m giving off some sort of vibe to prevent Mr. No Touchy Feely from making a move. That time I went to his apartment, as we were talking after the movie, I thought about making a move myself. But then I realized I had no desire to do so. I just didn’t feel like kissing him at all. But why not!? I like him and find him attractive. Maybe there’s just no physical chemistry? Perhaps he senses that (notice he has never invited me to his apartment again).

Also, I wonder if he’s actually gay but is in denial -- and not only because he hasn’t made a move. In one of our earliest conversations, I told him I’d finally watched “Brokeback Mountain” and thought it was excellent. He said he hadn’t seen it, and didn’t really want to.

“Why not?” I asked.

“I don’t know…two guys kissing? I guess I’m homophobic,” he said, and laughed (as if being homophobic was funny). “I just don’t want to see that.”

First of all, if you are homophobic, don’t admit that to me. And second, haven’t plenty of straight guys seen “Brokeback Mountain”? It made me think he protests too much – i.e., if he were secure in his heterosexuality, what would be the big deal about seeing the movie?

Maybe I’m reading too much into it, but I don’t know….

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Darrel hasn't seen "Brokeback Mountain", nor does he want to, but he doesn't like any more typical chick flicks, either. (Yes, love story automatically = chick flick. Such is the mind of a man.)

SEECE